The Forum RP tips, tricks and charts

Started by Klaw, June 23, 2019, 10:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

**Just a reminder, this element is completely voluntary - situations here will directly impact situations during episodes, BUT will not do so to such an extreme that missing out here will in any way hinder your enjoyment of the week's episode.**

So, with the exception of the short lived iterations of Daedalus' forum based RP element - this is my first attempt at doing something like this.

I'm going to try to keep it simple, but let's go on with the understanding that it's a learning experience, and things may change a bit between now and the end of the series.

To start off, each week I'll post a Captain's log, which will often contain orders for various departments. From there, you'll derive your role for the week, and will begin working on the task set for you.

Let's offer an example - Captain wants to test out a new compression method for the antimatter stream of the warp core, the idea being, it could offer more power for less fuel.

Engineer runs off, and RPs it out (I'll likely step in as subordinates from time to time - though any of you are welcome to help in that regard too). By the end of the back and forth, the CE rolls a die to determine how successful (or catastrophically screwed) they were in their mission.

1. - Critical Failure - maybe we're dead in the water for a few days?
2. - Failure - Have to reset the system, it'll take a few hours to do that
3. - Middle of the road, likely created a hiccup for a new problem to develop
4. - Success, no issues - but nothing more is gained - we just managed to accomplish what we set out to do.
5. - Success, maybe we squeezed a little more power out of the engine than we thought we would
6. - Critical Success (And I'm exaggerating here) "Holy Crap Captain, we can hit warp 9 now". Things went very well adding some additional reward to the mix.

These dice rolls will rely heavy on your own imagination (Though I can help you figure out where to go based on your roll if you need me)

If you can't find a D6, one can be supplied to you

I'm still playing with ideas, and doing a little reading up on similar subjects, so this info will likely expand during the course of this week. In the meantime - let's see what we have, and how well we work with little input :P

I'll post a Subspace Frequency and Captain's log tonight or tomorrow. Keep an eye for it.