A New RPG-X Series?

Started by Klaw, February 14, 2021, 09:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Good Day Blacksmiths

*coughs* Spider web! *pfft pfft* *Hairball noise* Sorry - dusty in here.

I wanted to bring to your attention - this: https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,258.0.html

A more elaborate explanation. I want to get back into RPG-X. I have a series in my head that I think would be a lot of fun, and very unlike anything we've done before (The only comparable RPG-X series I can think of in my years in RPG-X was Telex Ferra's "First Steps" - both are non-trek, focusing on a more modern, real world motif)

In order to pull off the idea in my head, I need to build some maps - in order to build some maps, I need to make time, and in order to make time - I want to make sure that these maps will see use - so I need to see if there is still any interest in RPG-X.

RPG-X has a lot of life in it - and the biggest issue I see is that everyone looks at it and thinks "Star Trek Game" - but it doesn't have to be! With some guidance, we can make new content, and do new things - and give RPG-X a life outside of Star Trek, molding it into something different.

I'll get off this soap box before I go on too much longer - but the bottom line is, I want to do something different - and create a new world to explore in RPG-X (or explore some old ones while I finish building the new one :P )

The link above leads to three spring mini-series ideas, response to those ideas will tell me how much interest (if any) is out there still for RPG-X. With any luck - We'll run one of those series for 3 months, then come back in the Fall for "From Here to Infinity"

I welcome any and all feedback - even if it's a "Thank you, but no, I'm not interested" I'd love to see you all out there, and helping to rekindle the fun we all once had with RPG-X while working together to give it some new life.

Shoot

You made me cough!  ;D

But I'd be interested for RPing once more for old times sake, especially Daedalus/Nova era has always had a special place in my heart, but I'm also really interested in "From Here to Infinity"
Finnish Navy Seaman Conscript (Mustered Out on the 16th of September 2020)

Earth's Elite Community Liaison Officer

Stay Home, Save Lives, Wear a Mask