Community Leadership mini-break, and the results there in.

Started by Klaw, February 28, 2020, 09:40:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

I can't speak for anyone but myself here, but this is where I am.

So, back in late January, I took a small step back to try to get my head on straight for about a month. (Post is here: https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,256.msg923.html#new)

During that time I started out strong in an effort to create some new items for RPG-X, and shared my progress with the community, mostly to the sound of chirping crickets. From my perspective, nobody cared. On the 11th of February, I notified the Interim Ops Team leader of my intention to retire, and he convinced me to hold on, and see what the next month brings.

We are about to enter that next month.

At this point right now, I am still on the brink of retirement. Our Discord is silent, and the forum posts that I've made over the last month have gone unanswered. It very much appears that nobody wants to be here anymore, and that's a sentiment that deeply saddens me.

For my part, I made this known privately, I'm really only around because of RPG-X - and if RPG-X is done, so am I. That's not to say I won't drop in to do a GTA heist, or help the Hawking Squad take on the Foxian Republic in our long overdue SE rematch... but, I have no vision for leading those games - or for creating/designing exciting content with them.

In my mind, when we created The Forge, I had hoped that we would all take on the mantle of leadership, explore new games and ideas, and use this as a venue for is to express our passions - all of them! We're not a Star Trek branded group - we're as far from any branding that I can think of. The Forge is intended to be a place of creativity, and comradery; and whether I am an active part of it or not, it should endure on that basis.

I know I can be a little overzealous, and maybe overbearing when it comes to my excitement for an RPG-X series, or a new map, or something that strikes my interest - and I have tried to tone that down. Please help me keep The Forge going, even if we no longer choose to support RPG-X - come and tell us what YOU want to play - organize your own games - take part in our Picard Discussions - let's spend the next month tempering our bond once more.