Website Registration Technical Issues

Started by Klaw, February 28, 2020, 03:18:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

it has come to my attention that we're still having issues with our mail server. As a result, Newly registered members are NOT receiving e-mails to finish the registration process.

As a result, if you've come here, and do not receive a message from us to finish the registration, please reach out to me at doktor_klawktopus@hotmail.com, I will try to be prompt in responding, and should be able to get you setup quickly.

I apologize for any inconvenience, This e-mail requirement was put in place to curb spam accounts, and has so far been fairly successful, Just looking for some verification that you're not a spammer :P

callum603

In away I am The Forge's service provider and I just wanted to drop a message here.

The mail issue was reported to me a while back, I found and resolved an issue related to the sending of mail for all other sites and addresses I host, unfortunately I didn't realise there was another issue with the setup for The Forge that was stopping mail being sent and presumed it fixed.

After looking into this again I identified a second issue exclusive to The Forge, there was a permissions error on the server side stopping the outgoing mail server being able to sign The Forge mail, therefore the server was putting the mail on hold until it could sign it.  I have corrected this permissions error and all held mail has been processed successfully.

You may find you've just received notifications, emails, etc from us from a while ago as the server processed all held mail once signing was fixed, my apologise if you've received a fair bit from us today.

Mail processing should be back to normal now.  If you are expecting an email from us and haven't received it, please check your spam/junk folder (we have a really good score when it comes to ensuring delivery to inbox, but it still sometimes isn't enough).  If it isn't in there then drop us an email and we'll be able to sort it out for you.

Klaw

Disabled registration and deleted spam.

This is a public FYI...

If you have any questions, I think the best way to ask is on Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/vDzaHys

Klaw

I have changed the settings to open registration again - in preparation for the weekend's vote.