April 05, 2020, 12:15:26 pm

Klaw's Last SRP

Started by Klaw, February 10, 2020, 03:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So I've been thinking a lot about this over the last week or so, and recent events have helped me to come to this point. I have one more SRP in me. It *could* run for 20 years :P but I have one more in me. I'm not sure which story I want to tell, I'm open to suggestions on era/ship/etc. But with any luck, (and if I have the support) by March, I want to start it up, and see where we go.

So I guess, I'm asking the community. Anyone interested? Do you have suggestions. What do you want to see/do/experience in my last series?

Klaw

As a preliminary suggestion - a few off the cuff ideas have come to mind (and I'm not afraid to map like a madman to accomplish these :P)

1. A dystopian 30th century. The Borg have all but destroyed the Alpha Quadrant, and what remains of the Federation live on in a scattered Flotilla, protected by an elite taskforce called Section 31 (it'd be a new, interesting take on the organization in the far future, after the events of option 2)

2. What I've called DS9 Season 8 - based on the writers room segment of the "What We Left Behind" DS9 Documentary. The first Cardassian in Starfleet has arrived on DS9 to take command of the station (20 years after Sisko was taken by the prophets) - and the galaxy is a very different place, but like Quark said "The more things change, the more they stay the same".

3. Days after the Khitomer conference, and the signing of the peace treaty between the Klingon Empire and the Federation, Starfleet readies a humanitarian convoy to head to Klingon Space. Mission 1 - Aid the Praxis cleanup, Mission 2 - Explore the vast expanse beyond the empire that even the Klingon's haven't ventured.

Klaw

Maybe an Orville-esque RP based on a New Orleans Class Starship during the TNG/DS9/Voy Era. We'd explore the Gamma Quadrant first, meet some new alien races, and possibly take a pivotal role in the war... - as well as show some of the awkward transition between the Enterprise C and the Enterprise D. (pre TNG Season 1)

StringTheorist

I am not sure how reasonably I could commit to a regular timeslot, especially on the weekends, at this time. However, all of the ideas mentioned are very interesting and I would be interested in participating as much as I could.