Star Trek: Renegade - Any Interest?

Started by Klaw, January 23, 2020, 03:41:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So, I was looking through old story ideas, and since I have a LOT of time on my hands right now, I'd like to run a series while I work on another :P

With that said, would anyone be interested in a non-traditional Star Trek serial based loosely on Joss Whedon's 'Firefly'?

The premise is as follows:

Star Trek: Renegade
    The Dominion war was a time of great hardship and strife for all Federation citizens across the quadrant. Some of these citizens decided in the days before the war, that if their government wasn't going to do anything, they would take care of their own. Some joined the Maquis, some formed militias and others were simply caught, and thrown into prison under charges of espionage. Times were dark, and when the war hit, they only got darker...

The Federation was greatly outnumbered as a result of the Cardassians joining the Dominion, and Deep Space Nine's lack of intervention as Dominion Ships entered the Alpha Quadrant. Federation Officials went on a recruitment drive throughout planets within their control. But all of this was for scraps, and the war went into full gear.

On a Federation border planet near Cardassian Space, A young Starfleet Lieutenant was sent with a small security force to attempt to amalgamate a new-found militia into the Federation Ranks - when the Cardassians attacked... The battle was a slaughter, three divisions of Cardassian Troops swept through the settlements across the planet, murdering the thousands who tried to stand against them. The young Lieutenant did what he could, but when reinforcements were denied... The Young Officer grabbed what people he could fit in his shuttle, and made a daring escape...

It's been nearly three years since the war ended, and "Captain" Thomas Winters has made a name for himself as a smuggler, gun for hire, thief and problem solver. Aboard his ship, the Renegade, Winters sets out on his own, looking for work, avoiding the Federation when possible, and with a single goal in mind: keep flying.

StringTheorist