News stories of the Day:

We pray to our feline gods
Stinky way to "pee"r into the future
I have a business opportunity for us...

The Funnies:

(The saga continues)

And New! by request from Chrisom:

Recipe for the day:

as previously stated, I'm a 'bit o this, bit o that' type of cook. I rarely use precise measurements, and enjoy experimenting in the kitchen to create new, and unique meals.

In short, I like my cooking like I like my jazz, one of a kind, and impossible to replicate.

With that said, my chili is a fair bit different than this chili recipe, but this still sounds tasty all the same: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/78299/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=12&isMetric=false

Chili
QuoteIngredients
2 pounds ground beef chuck
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon bacon bits
4 cubes beef bouillon
1/2 cup beer
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco(TM))
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos(R)
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions
Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.

now, You can skip the chips and cheese (I do) and instead serve with a side of Peanut Butter Sandwiches. I know, it sounds odd, but it offers a nice blend of sweet and spicy combo between the chili and the sandwhich - without going too far in either direction.

Klaw's Cool Image find of the day:

I've not seen much of anno78's work, but this image spoke to me as a fan of The Last Ship, and the Ent Era (It's titled 'USS Nathan James NCC-479')

Inspirobot:

Generated by Inspirobot, "an artificial intelligence dedicated to generating unlimited amounts of unique inspirational quotes for endless enrichment of pointless human existence."

Current Forge Discussions and Shenanigans:

Nova Returns January 11th (RPG-X)

Need Timeslot Feedback ASAP! For Nova too... (RPG-X)

Ops Team Meeting January 12th (Time still TBD - though I may set one, and just pray it works for everyone who wants/needs to be there) (General)

Pegasus Reboot needs you! (Orville)