Started by Klaw, January 08, 2020, 06:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Good Morning Blacksmiths!

Here's today's nonsense!

News stories of the Day:

Not to dampen the mood, but as I'm sure you all know -
Australia is on fire
. I just want to take a moment and send my love to the people of Australia, and wish them safety, and a quick peace. The link here offers a list of charitable organizations that are collecting for fire relief, if you want to offer any amount of help.

The Funnies:

(A Continuation of Yesterday's)

Recipe for the day:

After today's cookie (YES Cookie) fiasco, I can't get COOKIES off my brain.

This is the recipe I use, when I bake my favorite cookie: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/174864/original-nestle-toll-house-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Chocolate Chip Cookies

QuoteIngredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups NESTLE(R) TOLL HOUSE(R) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (I use the Milk Chocolate (full sweet) Morsels - it's better this way - I also don't put as many in. 2 cups is about a full 12oz bag and half of another one - I only use about half a bag)
1 cup chopped nuts - (I also DON'T add these, as they're optional, and I'm nutty enough)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Apart from the tips I added in the ingredients section, I like big cookies.... really big cookies so cookies of this size tend to take about 15 minutes or so to bake clear through. (I'll add a picture on my next baking night - possibly tonight :P )

Serve warm, with a tall glass of milk, and you have a happy Klingon!

Klaw's Cool Image find of the day:

Went looking for cool pictures online, and decided that you can't get much cooler than an Ice Cube... :P

This actually reminds me of a story from my days working at a Movie Theatre. Ride Along was just coming out, and we had two cardboard standees for the movie, one with Ice Cube, and one with Kevin Hart. One day, the Ice Cube standee fell, and without missing a beat, I walked over to it with a broom, Dustpan and Wet floor sign, and placed the sign on top of the standee and started sweeping around it.

When asked what I was doing, I replied - Trying to keep people from slipping right here, I'll get a mop once the bigger chunks are out of the way...

it was a good time.

Inspirobot:

I'm just guessing that Inspirobot wants us to destroy ourselves?

Generated by Inspirobot, "an artificial intelligence dedicated to generating unlimited amounts of unique inspirational quotes for endless enrichment of pointless human existence."

Current Forge Discussions and Shenanigans:

Nova Returns January 11th (RPG-X)

Need Timeslot Feedback ASAP! For Nova too... (RPG-X)

Ops Team Meeting January 12th (Time still TBD - though I may set one, and just pray it works for everyone who wants/needs to be there) (General)

Pegasus Reboot needs you! (Orville)

Last thing, I've been feeling very discouraged lately, and I need your help to shake me out of this. Post things on the forum! - Join in the discussions (especially if they concern a series that you're signed up for) - even if it's a just fun gif as a reaction to these daily posts - share it. Help shake me out of this cloud, and help me feel like I'm *actually* reaching you.