Here's today's nonsense!

News stories of the Day:

Wakanda Forever!
Dr. Phil? More like Dr. Shoot-To-Kill
The Police are the real poopers here...

The Funnies:

Recipe for the day:

Country Fried Steak and Eggs

In the spirit of the fact that I slept in until my second alarm (Which is my wrap up whatever I'm doing quickly alarm) and as a result, didn't have an opportunity to make breakfast (Thank you, Drive-Thru window!) I am lamenting over the meal I *could* have had, had I gotten up early to start preparing, and indeed had the ingredients lying around.

Country Fried Steak is an amazingly versatile dish. You can serve it with mashed potatos and veggies for a well balanced, delicious dinner - and warm it up in the morning with a couple of eggs and some toast/biscuits (See the recipe here) for breakfast. Trust me, this is a cardiologist's delight, and as we all know, if Doctor's love it, it must be good eating!: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/150306/the-best-chicken-fried-steak/

QuoteIngredients
4 (1/2 pound) beef cube steaks
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 egg
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco(TM))
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups vegetable shortening for deep frying
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions
Pound the steaks to about 1/4-inch thickness. Place 2 cups of flour in a shallow bowl. Stir together the baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and salt in a separate shallow bowl; stir in the buttermilk, egg, Tabasco Sauce, and garlic. Dredge each steak first in the flour, then in the batter, and again in the flour. Pat the flour onto the surface of each steak so they are completely coated with dry flour.
Heat the shortening in a deep cast-iron skillet to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Fry the steaks until evenly golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place fried steaks on a plate with paper towels to drain. Drain the fat from the skillet, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid and as much of the solid remnants as possible.
Return the skillet to medium-low heat with the reserved oil. Whisk the remaining flour into the oil. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release solids into the gravy. Stir in the milk, raise the heat to medium, and bring the gravy to a simmer, cook until thick, 6 to 7 minutes. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Spoon the gravy over the steaks to serve.

Klaw's Cool Image find of the day:

Turned on my laptop this morning when I got in the office, and this was my center monitor's background. I know *technically* Enterprise never saw a refit like this...but, It's still a pretty image...

Check out this and other awesome Trek related images by TheFirstFleet on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/thefirstfleet/gallery (I'm a big fan of his work)

Inspirobot:

(Let's try to break *some* of these, shall we? :P )

Generated by Inspirobot, "an artificial intelligence dedicated to generating unlimited amounts of unique inspirational quotes for endless enrichment of pointless human existence."

Upcoming Forge Shenanigans:

Nova Returns January 11th (RPG-X)

Ops Team Meeting January 12th (Time still TBD - though I may set one, and just pray it works for everyone who wants/needs to be there) (General)

Brand New Day starts this month! (RPG-X)

Pegasus Reboot needs you! (Orville)

One more final word. Next week, I hope we can start to return to business as usual, as now the holidays are behind us, and our New Year Hangovers are subsiding :P

The meeting on the 14th (whenever we finally get a time set...*hint hint*) will be a bit of a state of the community type event, where I hope we can work together to set a tone for the coming year. I won't go too heavy into it now, but in a few short summer months last year, we built all of this. Now it's time to tend to our garden, and watch it grow - which requires an active approach and a gentle touch.

Let's have a great weekend my friends! Check out the shenanigans above, and don't hesitate to organize your own shenanigans!