Klaw's Daily post of useless nonsense Volume 3 - 1/2/2020

Started by Klaw, January 02, 2020, 02:11:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Good Morning Blacksmiths!

Here's today's nonsense!

As an added treat today - I'll link you all to the post that has inspired me to start doing these :) Enjoy!

News stories of the Day:

A new meaning to the phrase "taking the piss"...

Santa Claus is robbing the bank!

Big weed kept on rolling... right into the road

The Funnies:

Recipe for the day:

Lancashire Hot Pot

I figured, since yesterday was tailor made to be a dish that I doubt many of you have ever had, I feel it only fair for me to find something that I've not had. Upon reading the recipe, I'll need to make some adjustments (namely beef instead of lamb, as I'm not sure where to get lamb in my home town) - BUT I'm looking forward to trying this one on Saturday: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24805/lancashire-hot-pot/

QuoteIngredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces chopped onion
1 1/2 pounds cubed leg of lamb meat
2 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1 ounce butter
2 cups chicken or lamb stock

Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute onion until soft and deep golden in color. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add lamb to skillet and fry (in batches if necessary) until rich chestnut brown in color, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain fat and reserve.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Spread 1/2 of the potatoes in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place browned lamb and onions on top, then sprinkle with thyme and season to taste. Cover with remaining potatoes, season to taste and dot with butter. Pour stock over all.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Note: If casserole is drying out while cooking, add more stock as needed. If casserole is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.

I hope this recipe is semi-authentic (for those who know better, let me know! as I mentioned, I'm planning this for dinner this weekend)

Klaw's Cool Image find of the day:

I don't think the Nova class gets as muc credit as it deserves. I don't know why, but I find this ship very interesting, and would love to see more of it sometime in the future :)

Check out this and other awesome Trek related images by TheFirstFleet on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/thefirstfleet/gallery (I'm a big fan of his work)

Inspirobot:

Generated by Inspirobot, "an artificial intelligence dedicated to generating unlimited amounts of unique inspirational quotes for endless enrichment of pointless human existence."

Upcoming Forge Shenanigans:

Nova Returns January 11th (RPG-X)

Ops Team Meeting January 12th (Time still TBD - though I may set one, and just pray it works for everyone who wants/needs to be there) (General)

Brand New Day starts this month! (RPG-X)

Pegasus Reboot needs you! (Orville)