Klaw's Daily post of useless nonsense Volume 1 - 12/27/19

Started by Klaw, December 27, 2019, 04:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So, I decided that I wanted to do something semi-fun. One of the tech sites I frequent submits a "spark" which shares news stories, jokes, recipes etc etc.

I kinda want to copy that idea a bit, and start a daily (M-F) post, sharing useless knowledge, daily trivia, cool picture(s) I find online, and Inspirobot's (de)inspirational, and sometimes controversial quote of the day!

Starting on a Friday, hope to see if this sticks :)

So, without further ado!

News stories of the Day:

Electric Eels used to light Christmas Tree

What are you crowing about?

Klaw's family portraits

The Funnies:

Recipe for the day:

No Bake cookies

These are my second favorite cookies in existence (first being Chocolate Chip). No Bakes are simple to make, and delicious - even if you do end up with oatmeal-peanut butter goo because they didn't harden, a cookie (or spoonful of cookie) and a tall glass of milk is a perfect ending to any day. (I know it'll be mine tonight :) )

I use the recipe from here: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9832/no-bake-cookies-i/ It's simple - and can easily be substituted for creamy peanut butter (If, like me, you want your PB&J to not crunch)

QuoteIngredients
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

Then just sit back to a good movie, or book (May I recommend The Last Ship, by William Brinkley?) and let the stress of the week melt off of you!

Klaw's Cool Image find of the day:

I may not be a huge fan of most of Discovery's ship designs - but if they brought this in, and more ships like the Disco-prise, I'd be a LOT happier :)

Check out this and other awesome Trek related images by TheFirstFleet on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/thefirstfleet/gallery (I'm a big fan of his work)

Inspirobot:

Generated by Inspirobot, "an artificial intelligence dedicated to generating unlimited amounts of unique inspirational quotes for endless enrichment of pointless human existence."

Lastly, have a great weekend - I hope this helps spark some conversation, inspiration, and cookie making :)