What's Happening at The Forge - December 22, 2019 through the January 12th 2020

Started by Klaw, December 22, 2019, 08:09:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

This post is going to be a little light,

Between Christmas, New Years, and various other family and friend celebrations scattered throughout the next few weeks - life is going to be hectic around here.

So I wanted to list off some things that are coming, soon to start/return - and I hope I'm listing these In order of timeline.

Not So Secret Santa Santa is coming in late this year for us at The Forge, but he's still coming. If you're interested in a friendly little gift exchange with your friends here, please let us know!

I have a personal event coming up on the 30th, where two of my friends who live on the other side of the country will be skyping in, and we're having a game night with all of my friends. There is a chance that we'll play some Jackbox games. via Twitch. This is a *light* invite, if you guys wanted to drop into the audience, and witness our shenanigans (I may see about including us in discord too, idk about that though) I'll get more details later - but it may be a last minute throw together deal :P Basically, if I start streaming that day, you're welcome to come along for the ride, and I'll work to bring you into the fold as best as I can. (if nothing else, we should be worth a chuckle or two as observers)

Nova Returns January 11th. This will be episode 1 of a 4 part finale to close this series. All are welcome :) (We'll be doing a fair bit of recapping, etc - to bring things fresh in everyone's mind during this)

Ops Team Meeting is schedule for January 12th. I have put up a preliminary run down of the business at hand, if there's something you want to add to the agenda/talk about - please don't hesitate to contact me!

Lastly, but not least(ly) Brand New Day is slated to take off sometime in January. If you haven't done so yet, get your applications in!

On a separate note, I want to drop a couple more things on you.

The Forums may seem a bit like a ghost town over the next couple of weeks - rest assured, we're still keeping in touch via Discord. If you haven't joined us there yet - you're missing half the fun!

Lastly, I know in this PC culture, it's frowned upon to say 'Merry Christmas', but let me explain why I say it. Christmas holds a number of meanings to me. It's a personal day of the year where, if only for a day, magic happens. Christmas Day 1914, German and British forces shared their trenches, played soccer, sang and celebrated the day together. This Christmas Truce, if only for a moment - brought a world at war, to a world at peace. When I wish you Merry Christmas, I'm not wishing my religion upon you, I'm wishing you peace, prosperity, and love at this time of year. And in return, feel free to wish me the same in your own way, however that may be.

So, from my family to yours, I wish you peace, joy and love - Merry Christmas Blacksmiths!

Klaw

One more addendum - Looking at Rebooting Pegasus - and I want feedback on the idea before I pull the trigger:D