Operations Meeting - 1/12/20

Started by Klaw, December 18, 2019, 06:49:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

December 18, 2019, 06:49:09 am Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 06:02:39 pm by Klaw
So, we've been a little slow to respond (and I say 'we' but mean me - or I, as that'd be more grammatically correct :P)

We have a shocking amount of unfinished business on the table, and - It's been suggested that we hold an honest to goodness meeting to try to tackle some of that - and anything else that anyone wants to bring to the table.

So I propose Sunday January 12th, we hold a public meeting - all are welcome to attend, and add their feedback, reactions, suggestions etc. - as far as time, I picked the day (because I think we're all mostly available on Sundays) but we'll need to coordinate on when, precisely.

I'll add an agenda to this before the end of the week (or by Christmas Day at the latest :P )

Let me know when works best for you all :)

Edit - First Draft of the Agenda

Quote from: undefined1. A basic State of the community (a look back at what we've accomplished this year, where we've been strong, and where we can improve.)
 (we've managed to do all of this in 7 months - imo, that's pretty awesome!)

To Business - Old Business!

2. Server Rules Audit, and creating rules for each game. (https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,166.0.html) (https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,116.0.html)

3. Finishing the Forge-EE Partnership (https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,177.0.html)
 2a. Advertising Server information for all assets in the appropriate forums - and getting banners together (where applicable)
 2b. Potential Rebranding - some kind of At-a-glance way to advertise our partnership with EE on the website?
 2c. Yield to Callum for any additional items that I may be missing in regards to this section

4. Community Jobs - opening up server Admministrator, forum moderator, and or Social Media personality positions (https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,178.0.html)

New Business!

5. Discussion on Elections - as they're coming up in 6 months - what did we like about last time, how can we improve the process, etc etc?

6. Game support audit - mostly intended as an ask the coimmunity discussion of are you happy with what we're playing? How can we better support you? type deal

7. Streaming support/content creation. - I want to work with our friends at EE - and anyone else who streams regularly, to see about linking them to The Forge youtube live channel - and basically help create/build regular content for our channel(s) (I see this going hand in hand with Social Media advancement, and possibly appointing a 'Community Herald' to help oversee such things)

8. Community Question Time - Going to ask that we plow through the rest of the agenda quickly, and if questions arise during the discussions above, we all write them down and save them for this moment here, where the floor can/will be yielded for any additional thoughts/comments/concerns about anything we may or may not have covered

Klaw

A preliminary Agenda is up - I'll probably edit it a bit between now and the meeting - as someone will remind me of something I forgot - or we'll want to bring something new up - feel free to add to it at your discretion

Klaw

Added a new line to the agenda - had this thought while shopping for a new game :P

7. Streaming support/content creation. - I want to work with our friends at EE - and anyone else who streams regularly, to see about linking them to The Forge youtube live channel - and basically help create/build regular content for our channel(s) (I see this going hand in hand with Social Media advancement, and possibly appointing a 'Community Herald' to help oversee such things)

Also - don't forget to suggest a time - I selected the day - if the day doesn't work for you, let me know. But I want to nail down when soon.

Scott Archer

Klaw

I'm usually wide open on Sundays, so I can make anything work. I'd like to black out at least 2 hours for us to talk (don't think it will take that long, but I want to make sure we have plenty of time)

So I am open

StringTheorist

My schedule is not very predictable, but if I cannot make it I will submit my thoughts in writing before and after the meeting.

Klaw

let's shoot for 13:30EST (18:30 GMT) Sunday?

unless anyone has any issue with that

Dendo

a:0:{}