Server Rules for Space Engineers/Sandbox Games

Started by Klaw, August 13, 2019, 01:59:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So - given the slight reorganization of the forums, I was poking around, trying to make sure things flowed well (still working on that) But I started thinking about the SE server, and how our current server rules don't *quite* apply there

now, while for the most part, I believe our CoC covers the basics, it may still be a good idea to establish a line of rules for the SE server:

Some thoughts I had:

Quote1.) The Space Engineers Server is a friendly space for cooperative building, and exploration
2.) Any action taken against another player's creations/property without their express permission is prohibited
3.) Combat is acceptable - but only at the discretion of all parties involved. Avoid Friendly Fire of other players' creations or selves
4.) Any action not specifically listed that disrupts the enjoyment of the server is prohibited.

Scott Archer

I think we maybe need something about accidental damage and guidelines on how to report accidental damage (presumably admins will fix the accidental damage.

Other than that, I think it looks good.

Klaw

Any more thoughts on this idea? I'll draft up a list this weekend, for voting :)

Scott Archer

StringTheorist

I went ahead and did a minor rewrite of the proposed rules: Rule one felt like something that is covered by the Code of Conduct and seemed redundant and vague as a server rule. For rules two and three I simply expanded the definitions to be more specific. On the topic of accidental damage, I would propose creating a forum thread with a form that people can fill out to report damage. This would include coordinates, what was damaged, the extent of the damage, and what happened. Thoughts?

1.) Griefing of any kind is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: Destroying the creations/property of others, intentionally inflicting damage without the creator's permission, or defacing or modifying creations that are not your own without the creator's permission.

2.) Combat is acceptable - but only at the discretion of all parties involved. Avoid Friendly Fire of other players' creations or selves.

3.) Damage in violation of rules two or three done accidentally will not result in punishment. However, this accidental damage must be reported in the relevant "Damage Report" thread and greater care should be taken to avoid future incidents.

4.) All messages in chat should adhere to the Code of Conduct. Spamming the chat is also prohibited.

5.) Any action not specifically listed that disrupts the enjoyment of the server is prohibited.