What's Happening at The Forge - Week of August 12th, 2019

Started by Klaw, August 12, 2019, 03:10:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Good Morning Blacksmiths!

This is our weekly update pertaining to what's happening this week at The Forge.

RPG-X News:

Nova's Episode 6 - On The Road Again is going to be a nice exhale from the intensity we were building over the last 2 weeks. Expect to have some fun. Also, we will be officially using our trial timeslot on a permanent basis Nova will permanently run Saturdays at 15:30 EDT (20:30 BST).  Don't forget to confirm your attendance in the episode thread!

Rumors, and ideas have come to my attention over the last week, and there is the possibility of another series in the works. I don't want to jinx it, or divulge too much - BUT, preliminary setup is underway - watch for more official news in the coming months.

If you have any interest in running your own SRP - that road is open to you! This thread details how to go about getting yourself set up: https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,19.0.html

Space Engineers News:

For those who took part in our Block Party battle, and anyone else who may be interested in joining us this time... how do you feel about Round 2

I know I'm personally having a grand old time gearing up for our next fight - so let's get something scheduled for September!

And don't forget to Send in your mod requests

The Orville Interactive Fan Experience

After a brief poll, some talking things over, and some personal soul searching - Pegasus Returns this week and will be slated to run nearly every Friday for the foreseeable future. (I have a lot of ideas)

This change is due to the fact that most of our new activity has arrived as a result of The Orville Interactive Fan Experience, and so, as a community, we need to adapt, grow, and better accommodate the needs, and desires of our community - something that I hope we continue to do for years to come.

So, I'll find a way to make it work (may need help writing episodes, as Nova - soon to be Daedalus will get intense - so get your writing hats on). If you're interested in joining our crew - Please feel free to sign up here

If you're curious about the series - so far we have streamed and recorded every episode, just check out the recap threads for more details, or check out this information thread for a general overview

Lastly - I'd still like to get everyone on the roster together to take a crew photo - please let me know when you can be available here: https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,155.0.html

If you're interested in planning an RP Why not drop a thread in the Let's Play board - or if you would like to run your own Serial Roleplay - please don't hesitate to contact a member of the Operations Team. We're always open to new ideas, and would love to help however we can.

Friday Night Fun Night:

So, we're looking at overhauling Friday Night Fun Night a bit, to make room for a more regularly scheduled Orville RP. Details are still spotty - but you can help flesh it out. The discussion is happening here: https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,157.0.html

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone for their patience. I have a LOT to do for the website, and the SRPs I'm running, and lord knows what else, We're trying to stay on top of things as a whole, but if you can all bug me to tell me "Klaw, you're slacking - stop it! Go Fix (Something of your choosing - the chatbox that I've been meaning to install on the site for example...)" That'd be great :)

Let's have some fun this week!