What's Happening at The Forge - Week of July 29th, 2019

Started by Klaw, July 29, 2019, 11:13:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Good Morning Blacksmiths!

This is our weekly update pertaining to what's happening this week at The Forge.

The Orville Interactive Fan Experience Dropped last week!!!!!

As a result, we've had two RP sessions so far, to mostly positive reviews (The bugs in the game make it hilarious, if nothing else :P)
With that said, I'm considering running a mini-series set in the Orville Universe - check out the details here and let me know what you think!

RPG-X News:

Nova's Episode 4 - Romulus Rising is based on an off the cuff idea I had after some inspiration hit me during Saturday's episode. It should be a fun time. We're also running in a new timeslot, for a trial this week. Nova will run at 15:30 EDT (20:30 BST) This week!.  Don't forget to confirm your attendance in the episode thread!

We're also looking at updating the time slot to better accomodate everyone who is currently attending, or wanting to attend. So go make your voice heard!

If you have any interest in running your own SRP - that road is open to you. The process may change once the ops team is put in place, but for the moment - this thread details how to go about getting yourself set up: https://www.theforgegaming.net/forum/index.php/topic,19.0.html

Space Engineers News:

For those who took part in our Block Party battle, and anyone else who may be interested in joining us this time... how do you feel about Round 2

Also new mods - and a whole space base have been added to the server - drop in and check it all out. and don't forget to Send in your mod requests

Friday Night Fun Night:

We're looking at revamping Friday Night Fun Night to include a little more structure as part of my proposed Orville Miniseries. Let me know what you think about this proposal.

Secondly - I'm feeling a little space engineers this friday - unless anyone has any other suggestions - let us know what you'd like to play this friday in the thread linked above too.

The Forge itself:

Over the weekend, I did a little work to the forums (as you likely already noticed). Things are coming along well on that front - still have a few things to figure out (like why the timer on the image slider is bugged... and where exactly I want to drop our social media icons for long term housing AND the chat box...) Moral of the story, expect a small amount of down time in the coming days, as I fight to figure these things out, and likely break the site in the process :Party:

We're also working on some things in the back end that are quite exciting, and will likely continue to open some doors for us in the not too distant future. More on that when things are a little more hashed out.

Lastly - if you haven't done so yet - check out our Social media pages! Like, Subscribe and take part in our shenanigans! :)

Let's have a great week everyone! (I feel like I've forgotten some things - if you can remember what they are - let me know :P)