Timeslot Discussion

Started by Klaw, July 20, 2019, 05:53:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So, two weeks now we've had some apparent last minute issues with conflicts resulting in episode cancellations.

My question is - How can we fix this? Do we need to change the Time slot? Change the Day? How can I help you?

StringTheorist

So far most of the episodes I have missed have been last-minute events or family emergencies that I had little control over. I'm not sure that moving the timeslot would change the likelihood of my attendance, as these things can and do pop up at any time.

Scott Archer

Saturday is one of those awkward days where I rarely have anything planned but if random events are going to come up or if people are going to ask me to do things, it will almost always be on a Saturday evening - that's why I had to cancel on Saturday.

Klaw

Would a change in day/time be beneficial for anyone?

Chris Wilkinson

I'd love to go but I work Fri-Sun ending at 10pm at the latest

Shoot

I'd say a few hours later on Saturday would be better for me.

Klaw

Let me drop some times - and you all let me know how they'd work for you?

Stay at current timeslot - 13:30 EDT, 18:30 BST

Move 2 hours later - 15:30 EDT, 20:30 BST

Move 3.5 hours later - 17:00 EDT, 22:00 BST

StringTheorist

These would all work for me, but I might benefit from moving the time forward some.

Scott Archer

Current or two hours later works for me - the two hours later might make it more likely I'd make it if I did have something on say late afternoon/early evening.

Shoot

2 hours or further works for me.

Klaw

So - hypothetically. If we moved the time slot to the late one - 17:00 EDT, 22:00 BST - How would that work out for everyone?

StringTheorist

Klaw

I'm leaning toward running next week at 15:30 EDT (20:30 GMT) for a trial

Is there anyone who this would *not* work for - current roster and interested outsiders alike?

Scott Archer

I'm away next week, but normally that time should work for me.

callum603

I retested outsider here. I work Saturdays 😢